Have you ever wondered what you would do if you had unlimited resources?
I have asked many people this question and everyone has a different answer. Almost everyone would pay off debts, help out friends and family, etc. What would you do after all that kind of stuff?
Imagine for a moment that you suddenly are wealthy beyond your wildest dreams. You can do whatever you want. Your debts are all payed off. Your home is well furnished and your pantry has plenty of good food in it. Your wardrobe is well organized with fashionable outfits. You have a nice car, truck or motorcycle and everything that is required to maintain it. Your family and friends are taken care of. What now? What’s next?
Here is a list of projects/ideas that are the result of asking myself that question:
- piano/guitar lessons (for me and baby)
- design healthy/yummy TV dinners
- start an organization to help the President
- make a TV show for kids (or a cable TV channel)
- eradicate disease in a small third world city or country
- formulate a cheap/healthy dog food
- start an aquaponics farm
- design a more efficient water heater
- lobby for healthy school lunches
- design a clothing line
- invent an organic nutritional supplement that helps prevent diabetes
- start a sports medicine center and relaxation spa
- design a cheap electric car or bike
- start community centers in boring communities
- grow a farm
- promote biomass power knowledge and/or open a biomass power facility
- adopt 20 kids
- design a specialized search engine
- open a forum to discuss solutions for national/global problems
- manufacture more efficient elegant light fixtures
- make up a story that entertains people
- create a sweet treat that is delicious and healthy
- start an organization that helps single parents
It’s a work in progress. Time is really the ultimate resource. My time is all accounted for right now with things like dirty diapers, cleaning and homework, but if there was ‘extra’ time, you now have some idea of how it would get spent.